My life with a baby and a toddler














My two little treasures. They make my days busy and my life happy.

Now that I have to take care of a baby and a toddler, I rarely find the time to write. But here I am, stealing a few moments to tell the world how I love these two cherubs. I will do anything for them.

They are both asleep now, taking their afternoon naps. I thank the humid weather that's making them tired. Hahah! Last week, they just won't sleep unless I take them out of the house riding in their stroller. Now, the house is messy, as usual! Dinner not yet cooked. Clothes to fold. Toys to pick up.

I am busy every day with lots of love, hugging, kissing, carrying them in my arms, being patient when they are naughty, and tending to their needs.

Today's a fairly good day. Both the kids have been bathed. I was able to take a bath too. And that's a major accomplishment!

It's both beautiful and tiring, I will be honest. I will not say flowery words. It is tiring. But you accept the tiredness if it means being there for your child.  They are your world and you'd do anything for them.

The newborn stage has slowly left this home. I am able to take long hours of sleep every night. I have fully recovered from birth. And the baby can play on his own now and with his big sister. Way back then, I'm already lucky whenever I get two straight hours of sleep! So for anyone reading this, be thankful to your own mothers for the sacrifice of looking after you when you were a baby. It really is not easy. It can make you cray-cray!

If you're a mom of a baby and a toddler, it is not easy. If you are abroad, the whole things take you to another level. You are uprooted from your hometown so you must forge new connections, a new support system especially. You cannot employ the services of a helper because it is very expensive, you might as well give your own income to the help. Back in the Philippines, we call them 'yaya' whereas, in first-world countries, it is commonly called 'nanny'. And yayas are not strangers, they are friends, neighbors, or relative and you can pay them reasonably without being bankrupt. It's a whole different situation when you're abroad. And you have to deal with it.

It is the most exhausting work I have ever done in my entire life. But you know what, it is also the happiest, most fulfilling, most wonderful, and purpose-driven work. My family is worth every ounce of pain and sacrifice.

If you are a first-time mom and are reading this, I want you to know that during the hard times, I am cheering for you just as millions of other moms do. Others don't understand the job that mothers do. Heck I didn't even know until I became one. Heck I understood my own mom better only when I became one. There are certain things that you understand only when you become a mom. And it is hard to explain. And I won't explain it either. You just experience it. Moms are silent but their hearts are full. And this: find a strong support system. It is very important! And this: I pray for you!

Comments

Popular Posts