If you're a mom and are tired, then you are doing it right!



I am on a certain point in life where I am taking care of a baby and a toddler, all on my own, while my husband goes hunting. Haha! Thank you very much.

For those who have experienced this, I know you will understand me. And for those who haven't, please do not misinterpret my words. When I say I am tired and feeling low, it does not mean that I love my children less or I am ungrateful of being a mom. That couldn't be further from the truth. So now I've said it, we're clear now. Okay?

While I am writing this, the baby is still asleep and the toddler is playing with her toys. I have eaten lunch, cooked dinner, and it is still one o'clock in the afternoon. This is fairly a good day. Some other days, the baby never takes a nap, the toddler has a meltdown, and I eat lunch at 4 pm. The house is messy, I haven't done laundry, and the list of to-dos keep mounting up.

I am struggling to write the honesty of events. But I do not want to paint a fake picture of motherhood either. This is the truth. This is the honest truth. Motherhood is messy. Motherhood is exhausting. Motherhood is a sacrifice.

While I am writing this, the toddler gives me a diaper because she wants to go 'wewe'.

Sorry, this post is messy. Even my thoughts are messy. It's hard to be both coherent and precise nowadays. And I haven't blogged or written for a looooooooong time, so I am writing this fast as I can before the baby wakes up.

But these let me tell you, being a mom makes me sooooooo happy and peaceful. I wouldn't have it any other way. My family is a place where I 'found' myself. It is my refuge. It is a home which my husband and I built. It is wonderful.

And the toddler turns on the light of the room and looks at me. She's speaking a lot of words now, I can pick a conversation with her most of the time. Sometimes, I don't understand too. Haha. Earlier, she said, 'Don't be scared, mama. It's a wabol.' What's a wabol?

And now she's singing 'Insy Winsy Spider'.

Oh, how I love my children my heart could burst. I will always take care of you, my darlings.

If you're a mom and feeling overwhelmed, I want you to know that you are not alone. If you're a mom and feel tired, then you are doing it right. 

And now she's 'reading' a book. It is a book about God. There's no place I'd rather be.



Photo taken by my husband. So hard to take a family picture these days :) 










Comments

Popular Posts