It's been a while!



It's been awhile! It's been awhile! Oh, it's been awhile!

My baby boy is now 15 months! And he's grown to be a very smart one. He easily learns and imitates from us. You can ask him to get a diaper from the table, get his shoes, his pants. He just likes handing things to you.

And he is very clingy to me, which hinders me from doing things easily as I have to carry him. He likes to be carried by her mama all the time!

He's a very sweet boy. When he's got food on his hands, he would share it to you by putting on your mouth as well. He dances whenever he hears music. And he tries to learn the tones of nursery rhymes he hears.

And whenever go out, random people would just remark how cute he is. Every time we go out, there's at least one compliment we get for the kids. Every. Time. People even ask if they are twins! My mother heart is humbly proud.

Oh how they make me happy. But with that happiness comes the sacrifice first (another long story!) Love is not love without sacrifice.

And Therese. My 'garaon' Therese. She seemed to have gained wisdom and physical growth further in a quick period of time since her baby brother arrived.

She now sings Filipino nursery rhymes with her cute high-pitch voice. She now knows how to ride the bike, albeit the training wheels, but she's come a long way since being afraid to sit on the seat, push the pedal, and turn left/ right. She's definitely like me, very cautious and calculating.

On the other hand, Liam is the aggressive one, more like his dad. He goes in the slide without thought. He rides the skateboard, of course failingly. All these he does while dragging me wherever he goes, making sure he's holding my hand as if I'm an accessory that is his comfort toy. I am his human pacifier!

He is still at the stage of putting on his mouth whatever he can get his hands on. Lotion. Toys. My dress. Windows. Anything. So it's always wise to watch his mouth. Literally! I am reminded that Therese used to behave like these when she was his age now. And though they are very alike in so many ways, I gauge that the difference lies between the boy’s physical aspects and the girl’s emotional instincts.

I do hope always that these kids grow up how they're designed by God to be. I do hope as well that I can guide and teach them well. In Jesus and Mary's name, I pray for these.


Comments

Popular Posts